Thursday, April 30, 2009

X-MEN, the 90's Animated Series

Here it is





































AT LAST!! I have been waiting for this since the invention of the DVD! Disney bought the rights it seems (or inherited them, I don't believe that they originally owned it) and for the first time ever(!) the classic 90's animated series is coming to DVD! These first two volumes put the first 33 episodes (of the entire 76) on DVD and volume 3 has been rumored to be in the works.

I really can't describe how long I've been waiting for this. I even wrote Fox years ago to find out if they had any plans for it, they said they didn't have the rights (I wrote them cause the cartoon was on Fox) and they told me who had the rights. So I wrote them and they said there were no plans to put in on DVD any time soon. So here we are and on April 28, 2009 IT CAME OUT! So hopefully I'll get it soon...

Oh! the childhood memories! I have always enjoyed sleeping-in, and it was on on Saturday mornings at 10am, which meant I got to watch the best cartoon ever, AND I got to sleep in. Jodi would always watch with me as well. And thus began my induction into nerd-dom and comics. Now I can relive it, oh joy! Maybe for Father's Day...

3 comments:

T.J. Shelby said...

The Dark Phoenix saga was some of the best Saturday morning has EVER offered...

Of course, we may not be talking about the same series, I'm not sure what I watched was in the 90's...it may have been an 80's series.

Either way, animated X-Men rock!

Scott H. said...

This is the same series and in Volume 2, here are the last five episodes listed:
-The Phoenix Saga (Part 1): Sacrifice
-The Phoenix Saga (Part 2): The Dark Shroud
-The Phoenix Saga (Part 3): Cry of the Banshee
-The Phoenix Saga (Part 4): The Starjammers
-The Phoenix Saga (Part 5): Child of Light

Scott H. said...

http://www.marvel.com/movies/X-Men.X-Men_~op~1992~ep~

Marvel's website for the series