Monday, September 29, 2008

Song of the Week - Double Feature Premiere

My brother-in-law Chris used to have posts like this, until he and TJ entered into a joint-venture to create their music blog The Sounds of Science. Recently, Nicole created a music blog as well and invited Jodi, Heidi, and I to participate in it. I will participate, but at the same time, I feel that their music type is a little different from mine in some aspects, though I certainly share much with them as well. So along with my participation on that site, I will portray some of the stuff that I enjoy that they may not so much. So here is my first "song of the week" (we'll see if one makes it on here every week) and my second as a special premiere Double Feature! Both are harder, scream-o mixed with pop-punk type of music, but give it a try...you might like it.

Hawthorne Heights - "Ohio is For Lovers"
I knew the lyrics to this song before I came home from my mission, but not before I left...My last companion (Braden Bangerter) filled me in on some of my current favorite bands before I even came home (Fall Out Boy and this band being the most prominent on my mind right now). Anyways, good song to listen to. Enjoy


Scary Kids Scaring Kids - "My Darkest Hour"
This is a band that I recently discovered thanks to a friend at work and they are amazing (one of my new favorites) and their album spends much of it's time playing on my iPod. I hope you enjoy! If anything the music video is higly entertaining, so if you don't like the music, turn it down and enjoy these crazy kids...

3 comments:

T.J. Shelby said...

Got to say, it missed the mark for me. I listened to two bands who I'm sure would point to Blink-182 as musical inspiration (for me, that's not a good thing). It must be our age gap...

I liked the music of My Darkest hour but when the whiny, pre-pubescent, pop-punk vocals started, I was done. Sorry bro, Bad Religion worked though...

Heidi Maloy said...

With all these music shares, it fascinates me how strongly personal each individual's connections are to music--- what one thinks is the greatest another abhors, and vice versa. Having said that, while it's not my favorite, I didn't hate it (other than the screaming). And funny that T mentioned the age gap because the stuff he and Chris have been posting makes them at least 10 years older than they actually are.

Jodi Jean said...

not a fan of screaming music, oh well.

that being said, when i opened up your blog aidan was sitting on my lap and he pointed to the screen and pointed and yelled ... "DA!!! COTT!!" and got pissed when i scrolled down and he couldn't see your cute faces. i'm so glad that my kids love their uncle and aunt! thanks for being soooo awesome.